Friday 31 August 2012

Summer's Victorious End

My spirit is in denial. In the space between free swim and tuck shop, in the gap of Bible study and morning meetings, in the shock-silence of lineups and the blissful chaos of an excited gathering of little ones the summer has evaporated. I wasn't counting this one down so somehow along the way I lost track, and now here I am, in a cabin that desperately needs cleaning and with a heart that thinks, just maybe, prolonging the mess will prolong the month as well. Foolishness, of course, but one can always dream.

Tomorrow I will wake up in the summer and fall back to sleep in autumn's cool embrace. Many of you wonder (along with my family) where my life will go from here. I wish I had possession of a befitting answer - some brilliant plan or valiant adventure waiting for me next week - but I don't, yet. I don't have my plan laid and for only one more day is that an acceptable answer in and of itself. I plan to enjoy my one-more-hour of freedom by beginning the process of re-packing my life away. Back into boxes, like so many times before. One more chapter written, one more page on the brink of turning. Only the Author knows what lies beyond these precious words.

No comments: