Tuesday 12 February 2008

My Smile

I can’t stop smiling.

I don’t know if it’s because of who he is or who He is.

I see Him in him. In the way he speaks, in the pattern of his words, in the passions of his heart. Through his life I see His life. It’s in the way he starts the conversation when both our heads are bowed. It’s the way he continues it when we open our eyes and return to time and its reality.

And the smiling goes on.

Somehow everything he says comes back to what He says. It’s amazing how often he talks about Him! He’s so obviously at the core of his life. It’s inspiring. It’s contagious. It’s convicting, in a wonderful way.

And I just can’t stop smiling.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was thinking how beautiful this would have been if it were about your Dad, and how you see Jesus through him so easily. I'm guessing that's not the case, but still I am left wondering...what kind of character made you smile so unstoppably?

Simple and sincere.

Nicole Ankenmann said...

No, this one isn't about Dad. This was a boy who captured my attention for a time... very spiritually attractive, but not the right all-around match for my heart. "Soap" wraps up his story in my life.

But my Dad has made it to my blog a few times. "Father's Love" is one about him, as an example. Link below, if you're curious :)

http://thecolourofthought.blogspot.com/2008/09/fathers-love.html