Thursday 25 October 2007

Two Broken Hearts

“You are not left out” he said.
“I’m calling you aside.
I simply miss your company
And want you to confide.

We used to talk so much,” he said,
“But now your time’s too tight.
Why was I the one you chose
To ignore tonight?

You used to love so much,” he said
“You didn’t used to care
What other people thought of you.
This change just isn’t fair.

Open up your heart of lead,
Stop holding back on me.
I want to be the one to fill
Your life. Why can’t you see?

You’re already loved,” he said
“Can I not satisfy?
Don’t tell me you don’t need me, love
Please, don’t make me cry.

I want your love, my love,” he said
“And I will wait right here
Though broken by your broken heart
I will not disappear.

You are not alone,” he said
“I’ll never leave you out.
All heaven knows I miss you, love
I’m miserable without.”

No comments: